Monday, September 29, 2008

Fight Breast Cancer with me!


Hi all,
I'll be walking against breast cancer on October 19th here in Sacramento, in a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. I'll post my walk-related website here tomorrow in the hopes that you can walk with me, sponsor me with a donation, or join a walk against breast cancer in your community.

I walked for the Susan Komen foundation a few years ago and raised some money, but this year I have an even better reason: Sean's grandma, Valerie Catanese. Valerie was diagnosed with breast cancer in August of this year, and has recently undergone a lumpectomy to remove a few cysts. Recovery from any surgery is hard, and in this case, Valerie's recovery was no different. It was especially difficult to recover from the anesthesia- I hope the surgery eradicated the breast cancer and that her days of surgery are over.

Thanks for sponsoring me, walking with me, and keeping Valerie in your thoughts or prayers. Thanks also to Kelly Brown, who has offered me $1 in sponsorship money for every new post in my blog from today until October 19th!

Here's my personal website for my walk against breast cancer, where you can sponsor me, join me, or send me a note.

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/MakingStridesAgainstBreastCancer/MSABCFY09California?px=8207623&pg=personal&fr_id=11603&et=Xz1Wja2P_KEkOmIOpsVhow..&s_tafId=193564

2 comments:

Kellyann Brown said...

That's ONE I owe you so far!!!

:::grin::::

Of course we will keep Valerie in our prayers... she was so nice to all of us at the wedding!

pbrownie50 said...

Good girl good cause.. couldn't be better..

Dad